I was nominated by Melissa over at See Bean Teach for this award and I couldn't be more excited I saw this last night and almost stayed up to type up my post but I don't think the Man would've liked sharing his bed with a wife and laptop. So thank you Melissa!
This award is for bloggers who are new to the game and trying to grow their readership! I have to answer the 11 questions from Melissa, and then nominate 11 blogs of my choice that have less than 200 followers!
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started my blog back in 2009. At the time I was seeing a lot of mommy blogs that I loved and I liked the idea of having something to track the growth and changes in our family. After more exploration I discovered the world of teacher blogs and started trying to incorporate that.
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Variety. It could be a day or two between posts, or a month. I try to cover a variety of topics but it's something I hope to hit on more.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
People read it when you put it out there. I really limited myself and still do in some ways. It would bother me that no one was really reading but I don't want to intentionally share the blog with my family. I like joining fun linked in events and I'm starting to feel better about commenting on others.
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Reading, I still read a lot but it's more for research, planning, or books my students are assigned or I hope to use. I'm slowly getting back on the reading wagon but I miss it!
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Um, teacher-mother-wife blogs. I like feeling like I can connect a bit with the writer. I also like "real" blogs, I've stopped reading a few over the years that weren't very realistic or obviously dishonest. I also love a good organization, budgeting blog, that's right up my alley!
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
I have always loved Chris over at Just a Girl, we have a lot in common and I would love to meet her one day! Erin over at Blue Eyed Bride is also a nice blog to read, she has two boys as well, and seems to be such a sweetheart.
8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I like putting my 30 before 30 list out there, but being that I have a lot left to do it helps stay accountable. I WILL do everything on that list.
9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?
I would like to focus more on my new teaching position. When I was looking for info on it there weren't a whole lot of blogs in the area. Even if only one person benefits it would be worth it. I just have to do it.
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I like being "connected" to people from all over. While we don't know each other and will probably never met, its comforting to know that someone else is going through something similar I also love learning from others, about teaching, kids, family, money, decor, all of it.
2. Increase my financial awareness: what I make and what I spend
3. Improve my friendships: write/text/call a different person weeklyBoth are ones I think are important and I'd liked to focus more on both.