About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

 I saw this on  Erin's blog and wanted to give it a go-


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We met in 2002, but it wasn't until I moved up north in 2003 that we started "talking", not so much dating. By the beginning of 2004 we were a couple.

2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
We met at my cousins wedding. He was an usher with my brother, I was a bridesmaid. I thought he was cute but quiet. After I moved into the house with my cousins and him we began flirting and on and off hanging out. I definitely fell head over heals first. He was a couple of years older, super cute, nice, family guy. I was a goner from the beginning. It took me finally getting sick of waiting around for him to commit and going on a date with another guy before we became serious.
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married for 2.5 years. We got married on July 25, 2009.

4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married at my in-laws home. It was an outdoor, garden wedding, beautiful day! I have a huge family, I think there were about 225+ guests.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
In public and around others we stick to "babe" with each other. Alone I call him SA for sexy-a@#, and I'm KSDC, not explaining.


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He knows me better than anyone, sometimes better than I know myself. Which means he can push me to challenge myself but knows what I need(for the most part) without me telling. He can make me laugh, even when I'm so angry, he can make me laugh. I love the way he is with our son (s), seeing him as a dad makes me melt everyday!!

7. Tell us how he proposed?
We went to bed one night and after a little talking he grabbed my hand and asked if I really wanted to spend forever with him, if I was really sure. I was so excited and surprised he barely got the ring on.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He's a funny card kind of guy and my favorite flowers (Daisy's) on special occasions. Overly romantic just isn't his style.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I wouldn't mind a beach visit, but we're more stay in and relax with a movie then head out.

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to travel more with him, hopefully explore Europe one day. I would really like to do the log cabin in the winter or beach house in the summer too.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
We've never gone out on the actual holiday, it's not our "thing". We usually try to make a dinner at home, this year we did breakfast for dinner and it was perfect!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
No. I don't typically ask him for things, we talk about most purchases. Honestly though he is awesome at picking out things for me, much better than I am for him. Plus I can't keep a secret so his presents rarely make it to the actual exchange.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
You can't read each others mind. So expecting him to just know what's wrong will never work. LAUGH A LOT, laugh at each other, laugh with each other, just laugh.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

No comments: