About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Update on 30 Before 30

September marked my 29th birthday, meaning I have a year to finish my list. Um, I had some pretty lofty goals I guess, but then our lives have gone a little different direction than where we were two years ago when I made the list.


Here's how we're looking-

1. Paint the inside of our house. We have one color in every room, it was ideal when we were building- not any more. We've painted our living room and master bedroom, I'd still like to maybe get the bathroom.

2. Take Tucker on a family vacation.
South Dakota was a blast!!

3. Conceive #2.
Hey, hey, Ryker!

4. Finalize our will. We need to get this one done soon!!!

5. Buy a wonderful pair of designer shoes.

6. Go to another NASCAR race. Don't hate!

7. Host a holiday get-together at our house.
I hosted Christmas for my Dad's side in 2012

8. Stop worrying about what everything thinks, maybe shorten the list to what some people think.

9. Teach Tucker to tie his shoes. He's got it! 

10. Continue yoga on a weekly basis.
Switch to run and we're sitting good.

11. Another trip to Kentucky- its been WAY too long!

12. Paint an original water color for our living room wall.

13. Go on a ride-along with a local police officer. I'd like to have a real idea of what the Man will be doing at work.
Done! Unfortunately it was boring but we talked a lot.

14. Completely "do-up" my walk in closet!

15. Go somewhere hot and sandy with the Man only. 

16. Set up Tucker's education fund.

17. Play a round of golf with the Man- it's not that I can't golf, but that's a lot of golf and I have a short attention span.
We did this and it actually went well.

18. Another tattoo?  in celebration of #2 of course. 

19. Pay off my car. 

20. Read, read, and read some more. 

21. Run a 10k. Sunday, Sept. 15 it took 1:04:41 loved it!

22. Win more than $4 from our Power ball tickets (this leaves more to chance, but I can try)

23. Lose the weight from #2. Done! Thanks to running!

24. Finish our basement completely.

25. Spend a night at a B&B up north.

26. Cook a whole meal from scratch. Shockingly it was easier than I thought, bacon wrapped chicken, veggies, with a banana pudding poke cake. 

27.  Die my hair- or highlights. I'm not sure a color, but the Man has kind of hinted and I'd like to try something different even for just a little bit. 

28. Add landscaping to the front and back yard. 

29. For one year, see a movie in the theater each month- I miss going to the movies.
August- Despicable Me 2

30. Do something spontaneous- this is open-ended I know, but I'm a planner. I don't usually just "do things".
My 10k was spontaneous, we called my parents up to watch the kids so we could do a little run, I miscounted and went 8k, so I said what the heck and went for it!

I'm getting closer but it's going to be big year! 

No comments: