About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh the week its been.

I'm out of my classroom. Wednesday I packed the rest of the teaching materials, my stuff, and turned in my keys. A lot of the staff stopped by and wished me luck, asked where I would be next year. It's just hard when so many people tell you you're a great teacher, that you did a wonderful job and yet you can't find a placement. A district in the cities just let go of 178 teachers, not a typo 178!!! That's so many people to be up against. A few more schools in the area have openings so I'm going to working on that today, along with my Master's thesis.

The hardest part was saying good-bye to my students. They were such an amazing class, I know I couldn't have had a better year. I learned so much about teaching and myself. Summer will be a blast. I just have to get through this week, store all my teaching things for the summer and hope for the best.

On a lighter note, we picked up all the materials for our Rehearsal Dinner invites. I'm really into the DIY cards. That and I couldn't find affordable ones that I really liked. Next weekend is our last shower, the Man's be-day and father's day. Present capital for the man is what it sounds like. I'm hoping since it's the Man's side they'll get him some of the man gifts he picked. Not that I mind the "girlier" gifts as he likes to call them.

Okay, enough procrastinating. Time to land a job.

No comments: