About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving thanks!

I've been working slowly on my Thanksgiving post and thinking of what I'm thankful of. Yes, I'm sure many others are doing the same things, but there's nothing wrong with following a good trend. Today's morning question (we have one everyday on the board that my students have to write a very short response to- its an easy way to take attendance and learn about your kids) brought about a wonderful answer.

The question was, what are you most looking forward to over break?

I got standard answers of sleeping in, no school, no homework, turkey, hunting, and things like that. One student, such a sweetheart, put:
"Giving thanks for everything I"m blessed with throughout each year- especially my teacher and friends."

Melt my heart it was so sweet. When I had a moment I slipped a note on her desk saying that I felt blessed she was in my class and I was thankful for her and her classmates everyday. The boy sitting next to her read it and I overheard him say, "I bet she's serious too." Lovely :)

No comments: