About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Giving Up on Good

I have been a long time reader of Erin over at Blue Eyed Bride. Today she posted on a topic from another blog that struck me.

The last few weeks with a new baby have been a little more tough than I thought they should/ would be. I find myself struggling with something everyday. Rest assured it has nothing to do with the birth of our son, I don't have a single regret about his birth, I love every minute with him! I think I've told myself I should be, especially by now, a better mom/ wife/ daughter for my family. 

So I'm letting go- I will be happy with me!
I've been doing better with my daily list, it's not perfect but it helps. I remind myself that Tucker is happy when we walk, and that I can't be mom AND dad. I remind myself that the Man can handle a little crabbiness, that he can't read my mind, and that even though he doesn't say it, knows I try. 

I will stop dreading over what I didn't get done and celebrate more what I did. I will realize that my favorite blogs have no idea I haven't been able to read them as much. I will learn that I can take a nap with Ryker and my family won't miss out. I will let myself get back into shape at the pace my body allows, it won't happen overnight.

This isn't something I can necessarily fix in a week, or even a month. But I need to work on it. I will always work to be a better person, but I will also realize that I can be perfect. My family doesn't need perfect, they just need a mom, or wife, or daughter. What are you giving up on?

Be sure to check out Naptime Diaries, I know it helped me today!
  

No comments: