About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog Everyday in May- days 1 through 4

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

     Let's see... My name is Cali, and I'm not yet thirty, but it's coming up. I was born and grew up in the south, primarily Kentucky, I miss it everyday. I now live in Minnesota, the land of snow and lakes. My family is originally from here and through them I met my love, "the Man". We were both in a wedding, I was a bridesmaid and he was an usher. I married him and now having a rhyming name, not  Cali O'Malley, but just as fun. We have two boys, Tucker 7, and Ryker, 1. I teach sixth grade and can't imagine doing something different. I love, love my job. Our life is pretty busy but we love it that way, I'm in a house full of boys and wouldn't have it any other way.

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)


After four years of teaching I feel pretty good at putting together a fun unit based on any given topic. You pick and I'll design activities, lessons, and assessments. It's one thing that can be very tedious but I LOVE it!

I am an awesome list maker! I make lists for everything- groceries, Christmas gift ideas, to-do's at home, to-do's at school, they're on going and I always have one on me. 

Sarcasm also seems to come pretty natural for me. I try not to get too carried away or overly rude, it's more timing that I seem to be pretty good at. 

Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable

Hands down- confrontation! I hate it and try to always avoid it. I'm doing a lot better and sharing my thoughts with others when something really bothers me. And if someone comes after my children or students I have no problem going "mama bear" on them.

People yelling, not so much the volume, its more that I worry about how the person getting yelled out feels. This is something that's bothered me for years.

And bad bras! 'Nough said on that one.

Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it

"Dance like no one is watching. Love like you've never been hurt. Song like no one is listening. And live likes its your last day on Earth."
I know this quote is every where but it serves as a goal for me. Ignore others and do what makes me happy, never taking a day for granted. 

No comments: