About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Whadya know, another catch-up!

Hey look at that! I'm catching up again.

Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

Growing up my dad would find a time after a special event to whisper in my ear,  "I'm so proud of you." He told me that the day I made my first state swim time cut and bawled because my mother missed it. He told me that over the phone when I got my first college acceptance letter. He told me that both days after meeting his grandsons for the first time. He told me that, chocking back tears the moment before we walked down the aisle.

Needless to say he said it a lot. It's a very simple sentence without a lot of detail. But every now and then I just remind myself that while I may be totally down on myself I have one guy, a man of little words, who reminds me he's proud of me.

Day 27, Monday: A letter to your readers
I have readers?!?! I absolutely love the idea that someone out there besides my husband (occasionally) is reading this. I can not thank you enough for stopping by! Thanks for taking some time to read my blog that is often neglected. I greatly appreciate it! But I'm also fine in knowing that this is more like a private journal that's not really so private. 

Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. 

1. When I saw this topic, this song immediately popped into my head- "Leather and Lace"
This was our first song. The part that gives me goosebumps is that we were really undecided about a song, we just couldn't narrow it down. Then one morning in the car this song came on, I knew it was it and started digging for my phone, which started ringing. The Man was calling me because he was listening to the same song and thought it would work! It was fate!

2. Which leads to this song-"Pachelbel's Canon in D"
A super popular wedding march, but hearing this and seeing the Man on that day made every nerve calm and this sense of everything in that moment being absolutely perfect!

3. This was the first song that I heard from Mumford and Sons. This version is amazing, so much feeling!

4. I know its over played, but my class has rocked out to this song this year. We rock out to it in the car, at home, I listen to it while I run- it's just fun!

5. This one I just love.


Day 30, Thursday: React to this term: Letting Go

I MUST do it more. Let go of the crap and push it all away and soak in the good! Anything more than that is too much. 

No comments: