About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

What I've been up to...

So I've finished my four student books, with study guides, quizzes and a final test for each one. Even with two of my books being very popular I couldn't find exactly what I want on the Internet. Luckily in the teaching world there are a lot teachers who share what they create and use in their rooms. After Hubby watched me work through these units he mentioned why not start a teaching blog of my own and put my stuff out there for others and maybe have other teachers share theirs. So now I have something else to think about.....

Anyways onto Christmas, what started with a picture turned into homemade cards. I found

some great paper and a snowflake punch that inspired me to create our own. The Man's mom is a fab photographer so she takes our pictures every year. I made a second but accidentally mailed them out before snapping a picture of it. We always have one on the Man's snowmobile that we mail to some family and his pals. It was fun but I'll have to start earlier next year or maybe just go with Shutterfly or something like that.

I also put together a few of these:
Just for my team mates at school, our teacher aid and T's teachers. I found these super cute holders at Hobby Lobby for $1, throw in some shredded festive filler, Ghiradelli (I butchered that I know) and Hershey kisses, plus gift cards for T's teachers and you have a simple gift. I'll a personal note to each one before handing them out. Even though we're trying to stay on a budget I want to make sure we thank the people in our lives that have helped us get to where we are.
Stay tuned tomorrow night for pictures of the lot we're building on. That's right- we're building a house! So exciting.

No comments: