About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Maybe I should be blonde?

Please remember I am sleep deprived, 3 overnights down, 2 more to go.

I decided since the Man is in class tonight and I am not about to do anything requiring much energy that I should just get a movie and some comfort food. I ran to Hy-Vee really quick to pick up "Valentine's Day" and dinner. As I get back to my car I realize that my remote isn't unlocking the doors. I double check that I'm at my car (I have mistaken my car- a FEW times).

Sure enough it's my car, but it won't unlock. Knowing that the Man is in class I call the next best man- my daddy! Here's a recap of the conversation-
Me: "Um, hi dad. I'm at Hy-Vee and I can't get my door to unlock."
Dad: "Are you sure you're at the right car?"
Me: "Yep."
Dad: "Check again. You know, just in case." (I mentioned I've done this before right....)
Me: "I checked, its my car. The remote isn't working."
Dad: "Well, what's wrong with your key?"
Me: "Nothing, it's right here."
Dad:"Maybe you should try that."
Me: "You mean in the door?"
Dad: "Cali G. I am not that old!" and he hung up. He actual threw out m middle name. :)

Wow!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Oh bless your heart! Sounds like something I would do! I accused B of moving the toothpaste from it's normal position the other day, and it was (seriously) in my hand. I was holding it. Explain THAT to me! Total mommy brain. Or because I'm blonde. Who knows?! Ha!

Thanks for the encouragement on all our changes. We're nearing the one month countdown and I'm a little nervous. Hopefully, all will go well! Happy Sunday!