About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Friday, July 9, 2010

MMMMM, blondies....

These are yummy! I might have to bake more- maybe. I got the recipe from REALSimple.


Ingredients:
Nonstick veg. spray
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup semisweet choc chip

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray. Line pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides; spray parchment with nonstick spray.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars, the whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, then nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Spread the batter in the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
5. Cool completly in the pan. Holding both sides of the paper overhang, life the cake out of the pan, transferring to cutting board, and cut into 16 squares.

* I may have been a little eager and pulled my "cake" out after an hour and a half, then cut it up. I may have even tried a square or three.

No comments: