About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Goodbye Fall, Hello Winter!

See that area in light grey? That's us! Snow and ice mix throughout the day. 1-3 inches possible, however we don't have to worry about it staying because the ground isn't frozen yet. So it falls but melts. Unless it's on your car which can get down to freezing overnight and you get the joy of scraping and brushing off mother natures present. I don't mind winter. It's very pretty in the beginning. I love our first snow day! I vow to do nothing that day but play outside with our son.
It will be a while (hopefully) before we get our actual snow day. While its cold/ freezing outside it takes a while for the snow to accumulate. What's unbelievable to me is that here it is October 12 and we have snow. Growing up in Kentucky this never happened. We were lucky to have a white Christmas. We didn't usually get snow until after New Year's. People up north are all talking about having a white Halloween. How crazy is that?!?!! Weather in the north still blows my mind. It gets cold so fast. We had "Fall" weather for maybe a week, now, to me, it's winter.
So what does that mean? It means scarves, clothes, cute coats, sweaters and boots. My FAVORITEs all at once. Mind you- come March when we're getting hit again, I'll be singing a completly different tune!

No comments: