About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Plans for next year.

I'm a very goal/ task oriented person. I make lists, I stick to them, and continuously add to them. Last night I was feeling a little frustrated. We (just me actually) met with the bank to being our home mortgage paper work. The Man was busy at work and wasn't able to make it- he also "forgot" to call and mention that.

Anyways, I started to think about what I wanted in the future, big and little. These are the ideas I've come up with- which of course are subject to some change.

  1. Put away a nice junk of money from each paycheck to reach our down payment requirement, plus keep the emergency fund substantial.

  2. Find or have a dining room table built that matches our chairs.

  3. Begin putting together our frame and picture collection. I'm looking to have this in our future home: (this is not what our home looks like, or probably will look like :))
  4. Have a yard sale- we have so much stuff it seems, maybe because of our lack of space. Either way I want some of it gone!
  5. Run a 10k, I would love, love to do the Breast Cancer- 3day walk but that takes a lot of fundraising and the Man isn't ready for another one of my conquests. 10k I can handle.
  6. Finish a cross-stitch I "gave" my parents last year for their anniversary (actually they got an empty frame with the print out of what it will look like).
  7. Craft or create more. I love art, love it, love it and I wish I took more time to create.
  8. Baby #2, I told you big and little plans here. I would love to know by the end of 2010 when and if we're having baby #2.
  9. Travel- I would love to visit the northern part of our state, being that we're so close to Canada and there are beautiful harbors up there I feel like I need to explore more of the state I live in. plau, I would love for our son to see more, he loved the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore.
  10. Look into or start working on my reading certificate for teaching or being licensed in special ed, especially Autism. I'm extremely passionate about it and I'm sick of saying one day I'll think about pursuing it.

Just a few ideas, but a start. I would like to spend more time as a family but with the Man in school some nights it's hard. I'm going to work a little more at my part-time job to build up our savings. I just don't want anything to be at the expense of our son. He means so much and I hate that we're missing out on time with him.

Oh and of course I forgot #12- Win the lottery, be a stay at home mom and build the house of my dreams. :)

No comments: