About Me

My photo
I'm a mid twenties girl. Who has the cutest two boys ever. I'm married to the best hubby ever (aka the Man). I'm also a teacher of sixth grade with a masters degree in Education. I'd rather be busy than bored. I love things bright and beautiful and my family means the world to me.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The countdown begins

So when we negotiated with the builders we had to move our closing date to the end of April. So that means I have 16 Wednesdays, hopefully just 15 to get my stuff done. Why Wednesdays you might ask, the Man has school Wednesdays and Thursdays nights and T spends the night at Grandmas on Wednesday. Therefore, I get a lot done. On top of my usual Wednesday night activities i.e. laundry, grading, random pickup I will be attacking these projects-
  • Go through T's toys- it's crazy how much this kid has accumulated over the years.
  • Get an organizing system for T's toys, costumes, tools, puzzles, games, etc.
  • Go through our files- my dad taught me what things are important to keep and how to be organized, I took it a step further and kept almost everything. I want to go through and trash or shred whatever we don't need
  • Organize our CD's and DVD's, I like them in alphabetical order and together- right now CD's are haphazardly but on the shelves and our DVD's are pretty spread out
  • Go through my closet (and the Man's secretly) we all know we have things we keep just because, no more just because keeping
  • Go through my desk, I really don't want to keep our desk it's so bulky so I want to clean that out too
  • Explore a few shops around town for a dining room table and desk- I love the idea of refinishing rather than buying these new
  • Start organizing the packing, it's sad, but typical me- there will be a simple yet efficient system to our moving

That should be pretty good, at least a good start. I have little stuff to get done on our weekends but I like to keep those pretty clear for fun things.

On another note spring wear is coming out. Gap has lots of cute cardigans, tops, and sweaters I would love to snap up. Old Navy and J. Crew is full of cute buys. Yes I realize they are on different ends of the spectrum but a girl has to shop around. I'm realizing that I need to branch out on where I shop. I hate spending a ton on trendy things that only last a couple months but I enjoy being trendy. Any recommendations?

Hope you had a nice hump day!

No comments: